WordPress Web Design & Development
Access value for money web design & development, aimed at helping at small business & startups. On-page SEO, mobile optimised sites designed to convert using keyword rich content. My bespoke service offers a personalised client experience.
For the client, this means I respond to their phone calls and email enquiries fast.
NEW WordPress Web Design & Development Quote Inclusions
(for all non pre-existing sites)
- Install and setup WordPress on the client’s active; domain and web hosting account.
- Create pages, create a navigation menu and design the website using the client’s theme (see my recommendation below) and chosen pre-made layout, or create a custom design (as per agreement).
- Mobile phone optimisation – for responsive design.
- On-page SEO -Write keyword rich content and use the All In One SEO plugin (Free)
- Speed Optimization, Cache – WP Optimize plugin (Free), and Gzip site compression. (a webhosting provider with fast speeds is required – (see my recommendation below)
- A 404 Error Page – to warn site visitors of pages that don’t exist.
- Social media integration – Icons link to your social media accounts. Also add social media share buttons.
- Create email addresses using the active hosted domain.
- Activate an existing SSL certificate in WordPress – Really Simple SSL plugin (free)
- Security and Firewall – Wordfence (Free) malware scanner and firewall security.
- Search engine submission & sitemap submission – via Google Search Console
- Test the final product – run a series of tests on the final product.
- Approval Stage before going live.
- I send the client a training video with instructions on adding and removing content, and how to update plugins and themes. Also send branding word document if branding was created for the client.
- As an added security measure, I install a plugin to each new site for conducting scheduled monthly backups, which are stored at a secure remote location.
Payments & Your Rights
Payments are made into my bank account via transfer or direct deposit no longer than 14 days after completion.
You own your website outright
Most of my clients are small business owners, sole traders, mumpreneurs and WordPress DIYs. As such, I work in a way that allows my clients to own the rights to everything they purchase.
Under my guidance, I lead clients to create their own accounts and make payments for things like:
- Domain name registrations – See a list of Australian Web hosting providers recommended. You may wish to choose any provider you like.
- Premium themes (I generally work with the Divi theme, however the client may prefer to use another)
- Premium plugins (I will use free reputable versions on designs – the client may wish to purchase the premium versions of plugins they like)
- Web Hosting (Scroll down for more information)
- Gmail business email setup
- Google Analytics and other app integrations
Note: I will not leave you in the lurch and I’m happy to walk you through it and provide advice when help is needed.
After creating the required accounts, the next step is for the client to send me their login credentials for me to be able to work with the required plugin or theme.
After payment for the finished product (my work) has gone through I no longer own any rights to the client’s website. However, I may use the client’s website pages, business logo, image and links on various social media platforms and on my website to promote my work.
I have a preference to develop WordPress sites using Divi. This requires the client to purchase a Lifetime Access membership with Elegant themes enabling use of the Premium Divi Theme and all of their products. They offer unbeatable value for money in their Lifetime Access option. Unlike other theme developers who offer a year of free support and then require additional annual payments for continued support, Elegant Theme’s support never expires for the one low fee. They also have tons of pre-made layout designs to choose from. Paid members are also able to get help by contacting Elegant Themes directly, to troubleshoot theme issues. The Monarch Social Share plugin is also an added bonus as seen my site and previous projects.
You may opt to purchase a theme from ThemeForest.
I recommend Australian web hosting through VentraIP for data security reasons, great hosting plans that include SSL certificates in the price, fantastic support services and competitive prices. Their data centres, customer support and servers are located in Australia. This means faster speeds and better security. They also answer to Australian consumer laws. If you don’t wish to maintain your own website updates, they have a managed WordPress web hosting option, which means they take care of WordPress maintenance for you. Site migration services are available for existing WordPress sites.
See the list of Australian Web Hosting Providers.
Other Business Services
Maintenance services are currently billed per month. A direct debit setup will be required and the account is paid a month in advance.
CONTENT MANAGEMENT AND TECH SUPPORT
WordPress fixes, plugin troubleshooting and WordPress repairs are currently billed per job. However if you require ongoing support we can make an arrangement to bill by the month per jobs carried out.
NOTE: No contracts are involved with either services. Opt out with a month’s notice.